Fall is here, and I’ve got a pumpkin spice latte in my hand to prove it. Pumpkin spice everything, hot afternoons that make you question your first-thing-in-the-morning sweater choice and dates where you can get a little cozier as you either find ways to warm up or move things inside has us feeling like fall, so we put together a little guide to take the guess work out of fall dates.
50 fall dates you’re going to love in Edmonton:
1. VIP Hump Day Special | Wednesday Nights
Check out the VIP Theatre on Wednesday nights. For $69, you can get an appetizer, dinner for two and dessert PLUS two movie tickets. Now you’ve just got to agree on a movie. PRO TIP// Book the front row, they’re comfortable reclining seats.
2. Lumen: Where Science Meets Cocktails | September 21
Enjoy unique bar stations hosted by dynamic and entertaining mixologists! Then, treat your taste buds to delicious food pairings, featuring molecular gastronomy from local talent.
3. Couples Massage Workshop | November 17, 2017
Learn to touch better. You can always use a few new techniques to take your date night in to the next level, right? So, head over to this workshop where you’ll spend three hours learning to do just that, with a little wine and Jacek chocolates thrown in.
4. Game of Thrones Trivia | September 27
Head on down to CRAFT Beer Market, for Game of Thrones trivia, based on the TV Show. It’s a chance to show off some of your skills, win prizes and as always, your drink is included in your ticket.
5. Beer & Food at Oktoberfest | September 29-30
Oktoberfest is a celebration of local community and, of course, beer! Edmonton Oktoberfest occurring September 29 & 30th is a fun and social event featuring many local craft beer, and authentic Bavarian breweries and food, along with authentic Oktoberfest music, dancers, games, and more in the Expo Centre at Northlands!
6. Check out the new prix fixe menu at Cafe Linnea
7. Stop by Chartier on Tuesday Nights for burger night. There’s a new menu, every week, and you get the experience to try delicious new creations as part of that week’s theme.
8. Enjoy an early dinner at Glass House Bistro and watch the sunset through the expansive glass windows in the restaurant
9. Eat and drink at the Rocky Mountain Wine and Food Festival
10. Get your glow on and come to a glow yoga class where it doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner, you’re in the dark! First class is on October 17th, and upcoming classes will be announced at Eventbrite in November.
11. Get inspired for your next adventure and visit the Edmonton Travel Show
12. Escape St. Albert | November 4, 2017
Turn the entire city into an escape room and Escape St. Albert. In this race against time, you’ll follow clues, riddles, and solve puzzles to discover a series of objectives and locations scattered around the city. Have your game card stamped as you reach a location, solve a puzzle, or complete a challenge. The team with the most stamps to arrive first at the finish line at 5 PM will win! Can your team of up to 6 be the first to Escape St. Albert?
13. Hip Hop Brunch | October 15
Ever dreamt of rolling out of bed on a Sunday and heading to a cozy spot where you can listen to hip hop and eat an amazing brunch and drink your hangover away- or get a start on a new one? We sure have!! And now that dream has come true!
14. Get Fondue for only $25/person at the Melting Pot, as part of the Crave Experience. Available until October 13, 2017, this offer is one that you’re not going to want to miss – it’s an easy way to get fondue on the cheap.
15. Rent a pair of snowshoes for only $7/hour and explore one of the popular trails in the River Valley or go on one of the guided snowshoe tours with River Valley Adventure Co.
16. Take a Fall Segway Tour with River Valley Adventure Co and see the gorgeous leaves changing color in the River Valley, plus you might just get a chance to see the romantic lookout point over the city of Edmonton.
17. Spend a Saturday night dancing the night away in the downstairs of El Cortez.
18. Visit Baiju on a Tuesday night for the bao special – get two bao buns for only $7.
19. Vibe at AGA | October 20
Step in from the cold October evenings and wind down your work week with live music, tapas and drinks at the Art Gallery of Alberta. On October 20, come enjoy the smooth stylings of Cynthia Hamar and revel in the alt-folk sounds of Von Bieker. Don’t forget to join Nikhat Quereshi for a peaceful calligraphy-based art-making activity.
20. Take advantage of free admission to the Alberta Aviation Museum on the last Thursday night of the month, compliments of Servus Credit Union. Tickets are required, follow the Eventbrite page to claim yours.
21. Get next level brunch inspiration at a Brunch Cooking class with Ruby Apron
22. Get your fancy shoes on and head over to Cafe Linnea for their high tea on Sunday afternoons
23. Watch the 30th Anniversary Screening of Dirty Dancing, at Metro on October 5
24. Get your pants scared off at Deadmonton House
25. Plan a local at-your-own-pace brewery crawl and check out every brewery in Edmonton. With so many brand new ones to choose from, and plenty of fall and winter beers – you’re going to have your work cut out for you.
26. Extend summer with one of our favorite desserts, the tableside S’mores at Characters
27. Want another way to extend those summer feelings? Get on your swimsuit and head to a surfing class at West Edmonton Mall – once you’ve finished your first lesson, you can drop in a couple of times a week
28. Get lost in the corn maze and explore it in the dark – it’s scary, but just the right amount. You’re going to have to act fast for this one though, the fall cold snap we experienced had a bit of an effect on the corn maze.
29. Kick it old school and get yourself registered in a Dodgeball Tournament
30. Spend an hour tasting chocolate at JACEK as part of the chocolate tasting classes
31. Try one of our favorite recent escape rooms ‘Neurological’ at Escape City – it’s the perfect amount of challenging if you’re up for it.
32. Refinery Art Gallery | October 28
When the mood is black and white and the morals are anything but—Dial R for Refinery at your AGA’s elegant Halloween party. Turn your martini glass into a magnifying lens, track down artful clues, solve a mystery and answer the question: will you be the life of the party or will this party be the death of you?
33. Wildarts | October 13
WILDArts also brings together local performers, including the world-acclaimed Cheremosh Ukrainian Dance Company as well as a live art piece created right at the event that will be sold through live auction. For the arts and crafts enthusiasts, there will also be a market with various wildlife-related pieces for purchase.
34. Are You Afraid of the Dark | October 28/29
The Crazed Doll Maker is on the prowl. So beware and take care – her chosen “doll” parts will horrify you. When the lights go out, the dolls will rise …. to greet you. Who is behind this gruesome craft – solve the mystery and you may get out alive!
35. Throwback your pre-teen years and come drink and create ‘bae’celets at CRAFT Beer Market on November 17th. Your first drink is on us, and you get a kit to create five different stylish bracelets, like the one on the event page.
36. Test your Horror Movie Trivia to kick off your Halloween celebration
37. Make sure to check out our complete guide of Halloween events happening in Edmonton in 2017
38. Visit the new VR gaming arcade in St. Albert (there’s even a Groupon)
40. Sign up for a Doughnut Yoga class. It’s a gentle flow class that ends with a Doughnut from Doughnut Party. You’ll earn it in this one!
41. Check out the new concept at Maydog Dogs when the restaurant opens on September 28
42. Warm up with a glass of delicious hot cocoa and something from Moonshine Doughnuts, Meat Street Pies or Milk and Cookies Bake shop, at Monument.
43. Try the Spatzle Poutine at Cartago – and try a new, delicious beer.
44. Visit Telus World of Science on Adults Only Night where you can participate in Dark Matters and learn about fears and phobias – are you game? The next adults only night is on October 19.
45. Head out and explore the trails at Mill Creek Ravine Park before they’re closed for the winter. Make your way up to the highest bridge and walk down the path, you’re deliciously close to Farrow Sandwich Shop, so come hungry!
46. Hit up the Batting Cages and have drinks and work on your swing – it’s such a fun night and you get the chance to have a semi-active date night out
47. Burlesque Murder Mystery | November 4
Join the cast of burlesque performers, improvisers, and theatre-creators for the Second Annual Clue Burlesque Murder Mystery! Who of the six players killed “Mr. Boddy”? Where did the crime take place, and which weapon was used? What was their motive? Join our detective host as he (with the help of the audience) solves the crime. A night of striptease, comedy, mystery and haunted mansions: a game to die for!
48. Hit up one of the inexpensive wine tasting and pairings classes at Wine and Beyond – like Craft Beer and Doughnuts Pairing!
49. Hit up one of the local rock climbing gyms for date night
50. Try Ohana Doughnuts – they’re delicious, and worth the stop. Bring them home and Netflix and Doughnuts.